Welcome to our feature spotlight blog series! Each post will include a brief overview of a specific PredPol feature. We will cover the benefits of using the feature and how it works. This month we'll take a look at the Crime Type Filter. If you would like to see last month's feature spotlight on the Search Crimes feature, click here.
Crime Type Filter:
What is the Crime Type Filter:
- The Crime Type Filter is a great way to easily filter current predictions by crime type. You can also overlay crime history by time period with current predictions.
- The Crime Type Filter provides an easy way to compare past crimes with predictions of future events. You can also overlay a traditional heat map view to get a better sense of how PredPol predictions are aligned with crime history in your community.
How to use the Crime Type Filter:
- Navigate to the Crime Type Filter on the far right-hand side of the app:
- Select a preset or custom date range to overlay crime history.
- You can click on any crime history data point to get a quick view of docket info.
- You can also do a deeper dive by overlaying a more traditional heatmap.
That's it! You can now easily map crime history across your community.
To learn more about the crime type filter or another feature: