Welcome to our feature spotlight blog series! Each post will include a brief overview of a specific PredPol feature. We will cover the benefits of using the feature and how it works. This month we'll take a look at "Search Crimes". If you would like to see last month's feature spotlight on "Missions", click here.
What is the Search Crimes feature:
- PredPol provides tools for managing patrol operations and reporting based on advanced crime analytics. The Search Crimes feature maps historical crime to help you get a pulse on emerging crime trends.
- The Search Crimes feature gives you valuable insight into how to allocate your resources more effectively, based on crime history. This feature also gives you crime data at the click of a button in a format that’s easy to export for analysis and/or reporting.
- Navigate to Search Crimes under the Analytics tab:
- Select a custom time range or one of our preset time ranges (Yesterday, Last Week, Last Month, or Year to Date).
- Select any combination of Crime Type, District, or Shift.
- You can also search by Violation Code, Description, Address, or Docket Number (Hint: You can also search by partial values!)
- You can choose to view all crimes, just crimes used in PredPol predictions, or just crimes excluded from PredPol predictions.
- You can also search the data table for crime records by Crime Type, Docket Number, Address, Violation Code, Begin Time, Excluded, or Reason Excluded.
- You can also easily export the data to either CSV or PDF.
To learn more about Search Crimes or another PredPol feature: